Are you searching for ways to include a senior loved one in holiday activities?
Covid-19 makes family gathering challenging! However, it is still possible to make aging loved ones feel included, especially if you are all under the same roof.
- Create family costumes from household items.
- Decorate the porch for trick or treaters.
- Make sure to follow the recommended Covid-19 safety guidelines. Consider putting a bowl of candy on the porch and greeting trick or treaters through the glass door if you have one.
- Video chat with grandkids or family members to see them dressed up in costumes.
- Tell ghost stories while making hot chocolate or Halloween themed treats.
- Plan an outdoor “ghost hunt.” Think Easter Egg hunt but on Halloween with close family members.
- An outdoor activity makes it easier for social distancing. Follow Covid-19 safety recommendations.
- Video Chat and tell ghost stories with grandkids.
- Watch classic scary movies.
- Go to a drive-in movie theater.
- Decorate Halloween themed cookies.
- Decorate the front yard.
We recommend that everyone follow Covid-19 safety recommendations and social distance while finding ways to remain emotionally close.