The holidays keep seniors busy, and the drop off of time with family can feel sad. Once the holidays are over, seniors can fall back into regular patterns. To keep spirits high, create a plan to stay active!
A schedule that includes physical activity, time with others and organization gives seniors purpose.
- Schedule a dinner with a friend or family member.
- Sort and donate clothes that no longer fit.
- See a new movie at the theater with a friend or family member.
- Do light gardening to prep for spring.
- Write down five new things you’d like to try in the new year.
- Write a letter to a friend or family member.
- Sort and catalog through old photos and write memories on the back.
- Write down or record family history.
- Schedule the time to take a family photo.
- Sort and donate or throw away items that you no longer need.
Free time can be freeing, but after a while, seniors can feel lonely. Caregivers and seniors have the opportunity to craft schedules that make everyone’s life full.